Tech Writing Review - Form Links
V School offers lifetime career support! This means unlimited writing revisions!
To get your writing reviewed, please use the following forms.
- Resume Review - Submission Form
- LinkedIn About Me Review - Submission Form
- Cover Letter Review - Submission Form
1 Sheeter Checklist Cheat Sheet
Career Prep Workshop LIVE Video Recordings
Topic: Huntr.io - Career Prep Workshop 5/21/2020
Topic: Negotiation - Career Prep Workshop 7/28/2020
Start Time : Jul 28, 2020 02:01 PM
Access Password: negotiation1!
Topic: Job Search Plan of Action 7/16/2020 | Outcomes - Career Prep Workshop
Start Time : Jul 16, 2020 01:56 PM
Access Password: outcomes1!
Topic: Outcomes Tech Resume Writing Best Practices | 7/14/2020 LIVE Career Workshop
Start Time : Jul 14, 2020 01:59 PM
Access Password: 0q$A#*1^
Topic: How to Optimize Your LinkedIn 101 & How To Be Found By Recruiters 6/23/2020 | Outcomes Career-Prep Workshop
Start Time : Jun 23, 2020 02:01 PM
Access Password: linkedin101!
Topic: Outcomes Guest Speaker | Sam Harper 6/25/2020
Start Time : Jun 25, 2020 01:58 PM
Access Password: SamH6252020!
Google Slides Presentations
- Your Story & Die On Mars PPT
- Networking PPT
- Finding Jobs to Apply To PPT
- Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) PPT
- Imposter Syndrome PPT
- Tech Resume Writing Best Practices PPT
- LinkedIn | Building & Boosting LinkedIn PPT
- Cover Letter PPT
- Job Search Plan of Action | Baby Steps PPT
- Interview Prep | How NOT to Answer 9 Common Interview Questions PPT
- Interview Prep | Predicting Potential Interview Questions PPT
- Negotiation PPT
Career Prep Assignments
- Describe what interested you in programming or UX Design and why you have a passion for it?
- What is your dream goal or desired outcome by taking this course (Die on Mars)?
- What is your driver? I.e., provide for my family, better my personal financial situation, etc.
Submit your assignments via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shrjduscG0CK8D0jX
- Signup for Meetup.com (information on Meetups below) & find a meetup to attend.
- Join UtahJS Slack channel (https://slack.utahjs.com/) & Product Hive Slack channel(https://product-hive-slack.herokuapp.com/).
- Set and submit a list of 5 networking goals for this course including the meetup you will attend (virtually or in person).
Submit your assignments via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shr1wLszUpXHwFjb7
Go to Google and search for job in target area of choice. Setup alert for this.
Submit a list of 10 different job postings from at least 3 different platforms. Job postings from slack or meetups are free game.
Submit your assignment via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shrTzDwCOYQ9XQTNV
Submit your plan of action on how to handle Imposter Syndrome.
Submit your assignments via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shrmJUHwrmFcvZ36Y
Please complete reviewing your resume with the checklist below and submit a PDF or GoogleDoc of your updated resume.
Submit your assignment via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shrNp8rteUQUbREdw
Please create and update your LinkedIn with the checklist below and submit your updated LinkedIn profile using your vanity URL.
Submit your assignment via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shrJm00Lz21wAJOjS
Submit a Cover Letter tailored to one of the job posts you found for "Job searching best practices".
Submit your assignment via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shrq1QZaW6i8CSotr
Following the recommendations in the "Baby Steps" post, submit a document of your job search plan of action. Include a weekly schedule for how you plan to go about looking for work.
Submit your final required assignments via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shrqJ3ncYRcfw1weq
Interview Prep | How NOT to Answer 9 Common Interview Questions && Interview Prep | Predicting Potential Interview Questions
After reading both posts, complete the predicting potential interview questions exercise with one of the jobs you found from "Job searching best practices". Write out and submit a document response to at least 10 of the questions you predict will be asked in an interview
Submit your assignment via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shr02E0wY9LnOdruL
Submit a 150 word paragraph on your salary research findings and benefits that are important to you. Include why these benefits are important to you.
Submit your assignment via this Airtable Form:https://airtable.com/shro6fxl3AlyorDyC
Schedule Interview With Industry Expert
V School's Outcomes program provides you a way to practice interviewing with industry experts. The general setup of the practice interview is 30 minutes that goes as follows:
- 5 Minutes - Introduction (Tell Me About Yourself)
- 10 Minutes - Behavioral Questions (Tell Me A Time When)
- 10 Minutes - White Board Problem (Technical)
- 5 Minutes - Feedback from Interviewer
Meet The Experts!
- Angelo Dalisay works for the State of Utah as a Sr. Web Developer with 15+ years of coding experience. LinkedIn | Schedule Interview
- Brandon Elfring has 10 years of web development experience and works for Utah Youth Village. LinkedIn | Schedule Interview
- Ervin Gonzalez is a fellow V School Alumnus and Sr. Software Engineer at Talix with 5 years of coding experience. LinkedIn | Schedule Interview
To schedule a time for an interview, please use the "Schedule Interview" links above and be sure to send your most current copy of your resume to Laney to attach to the calendar invite.